MEMS Industry Group (MIG) will host MEMS Executive Congress® 2012, the annual business conference and networking event for the MEMS industry, November 7-8, 2012 in Scottsdale, AZ. Keynote speakers include: Ajith Amerasekera, TI Fellow, IEEE Fellow, in Texas Instruments’ Kilby Labs, who will discuss how immersive intelligent systems will change the management of our cities, buildings, personal life, health, transportation, safety and security; and Robert Brunner, founder, creative director and partner, Ammunition. Brunner, who first made his name as director of industrial design at Apple Computer, will explore the critical connection between brand identity and connection to consumers—going far beyond the typical form-and-function paradigm of classic industrial design. Industry panels and the MEMS Technology Showcase®—featuring some of the most unique MEMS applications—complete the MEMS Executive Congress 2012 program.
“MEMS is everywhere. From smartphones, tablets and video games to automotive stability control systems, airbag crash sensors and blood-pressure monitors, we are using MEMS to improve our everyday lives in ways that we could have scarcely imagined just a few years ago,” said Karen Lightman, managing director, MIG. “At MEMS Executive Congress 2012, we will take a collective look beyond the mainstream applications of MEMS. Will smartphones become intelligent aids for people with Alzheimer’s or autism? Will we still ‘drive’ or will MEMS-enabled automobiles safely guide us to and from our destinations on MEMS-enabled roads? And where is my MEMS-enabled personal robotic assistant? At MEMS Executive Congress, we will tap some of the most influential, innovative minds in the industry to examine the most pressing business issues affecting the future of MEMS. We will also get up close to some of the best examples of the MEMS inside the machine during our popular MEMS Technology Showcase.”
MEMS EXECUTIVE CONGRESS KEYNOTES
- Ajith Amerasekera, TI Fellow, IEEE Fellow, Kilby Labs, Texas Instruments, will address how electronics technology innovation is driving a shift toward more intelligent systems that enable immersive environments. Small in size and deployed in vast numbers, these new systems will dramatically change how our cities, buildings, personal life, health, transportation, safety and security are managed in the future.
- Robert Brunner, founder, creative director and partner, Ammunition, will share his philosophy behind positive user experience, one based not on a set of features, advertising or a company logo—but on an emotional affinity for a product that makes the whole far greater than the sum of its parts. Brunner will explore the connection between consumer product design and the user experience, considering the role of technology in consumer satisfaction and market success.
MEMS EXECUTIVE CONGRESS PANELS
MEMS Market—analysts from leading research firms will present their outlook for future growth and trends in MEMS, addressing factors affecting MEMS in specific market segments. Moderated by Jeffrey Hilbert, president and founder, WiSpry, with panelists:
- Jérémie Bouchaud, director and senior principal analyst, MEMS & Sensors, IHS iSuppli
- Jean-Christophe Eloy, president and CEO, Yole Développement
- Tony Massimini, chief of technology, Semico Research
- Steve Ohr, analog and power semiconductors, Gartner, Technology and Service Provider Research