Driven by strong IC market expansion and growth in emerging markets, SEMICON Taiwan 2010 returns to the Taipei World Trade Center (TWTC) September 8-10, 2010 with eight technology theme pavilions focusing on LEDs, MEMS, 3-D ICs and Advanced Packaging/Testing, Green Management, Compound Semiconductors, CMP, AOI and the Secondary Market for capital equipment. Free visitor registration is now open at www.semicontaiwan.org.
According to the 2010 mid-year edition of the SEMI Capital Equipment Forecast, the global semiconductor equipment is growing quickly in all regions in 2010. Taiwan is again the largest market at $9.18 billion, while total semiconductor equipment sales worldwide are expected to reach $32.50 billion. Analysts indicate that Taiwan is expected to continue its investment momentum in capital equipment into 2011, growing to $9.3 billion, which would again put Taiwan as the single largest semiconductor equipment market in the world.
"We see particularly strong investment from foundry players and DRAM makers as they are building for more production capacity and aggressively migrating to more advanced nodes. We also see a similar trend from the outsourced semiconductor assembly and test (OSAT) and LED sectors, where equipment investments are heading to an all-time high this year," said Clark Tseng, Senior Manager of SEMI Industry Research. For the material market, driven by continuous capacity buildup, Taiwan is expected to show healthy growth as it reaches $8.8 billion in 2011, staying the second largest market in the world.
Last year, over 18,000 visitors attended SEMICON Taiwan--including buyers and engineers from major foundries and packaging houses in Taiwan, such as TSMC, UMC, MXIC, ASE and SPIL. Highlights of this year's SEMICON Taiwan include:
- Theme Pavilions: The theme pavilions feature product display and programs on the latest developments in emerging market, such as MEMS and LEDs, advanced semiconductor manufacturing, and packaging and testing technologies, such as 3-D IC, green manufacturing and the secondary equipment market.
- Executive Forum: Speakers from TSMC, MXIC, TEL, IMEC, Ebara and Dow Electronics Materials will address topics focusing on technology advancement through innovative collaboration.
- Market Trends and Technology Forum: Presentations from Applied Materials, ASE, Gartner, IMEC, STMicroelectronics, Morgan Stanley, Nokia, Qualcomm, SPIL, UBS, UMC, SEMATECH, Verigy and Yole Développement will focus on the semiconductor market outlook, development of 3-D packaging and testing technology, MEMS technology and design for green manufacturing.
- Supplier Research Program: SEMI will conduct a supplier research program for one of the world's leading suppliers of microcontrollers to seek out local strategic partners in equipment and materials.
- Special Event for SEMICON Taiwan 15th Anniversary: Awards and Leadership Gala Dinner--The "Innovative Technology Award" and "Best Contribution Award" will be given to business leaders for their valuable contributions to the industry. The invitation-only dinner is expected to draw over 300 industry leaders.